Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 7: Zucchini Cakes

I know I skipped week 6 but I haven't made anything with broccoli slaw that changed the ingredient.  I normally just use it raw and put it in my salads.

I actually made Zucchini Tater Tots first but didn't like them very much.  I think the onion needed to be cooked first or use less onion.  I also changed the ingredient by using half zucchini and half potato.  I froze the rest of the zucchini and potato thinking I would make them again but we'll see!

I made Zucchini cakes the other day when Brian wasn't home and N2 threw them up.  I thought they were good.  I have some leftover and I'm not sure how good they are left over.  They were nice and crisp and had good flavor.  I pretty much followed the recipe exactly except I used fresh garlic instead of minced.

Zucchini Cakes

Whole zucchini
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped finely, or minced
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I used grated)
2 eggs
salt
pepper
1/3-1/2 cup olive oil

Cut off the top and bottom of the zucchini.  Grate the zucchini using the large holes of the box grater.  Combine all ingredients, minus the oil.  Combine.  Heat oil in a skillet until hot.  Take large spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture and drop in the pan.  Flatten slightly.  Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until the cakes are golden brown on each side.  Drain them on a paper towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment