Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 8: Ranch Chicken

I wasn't too sure about this challenge as I don't like Ranch dressing.  But I found a recipe that just uses a ranch dressing packets so I thought I would try that.  I was surprised that I liked this recipe!  Brian really liked it!  My kids did not like it but they don't like much of anything these days.  I did find that if I just ate the crust it tasted like Ranch potato chips which I did not like but as long as I ate it with the chicken, I liked it.

Ranch Chicken

1 cup Corn Flakes
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp melted margarine (the original recipe said 1 cube, I had no idea how much that was!)
1 packet ranch dressing mix
chicken breasts (the original recipe says this is for 6-8 chicken breasts, I used chicken tenders and it made about 8 chicken tenders-you might need to increase the margarine)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet.  Spray the cooling rack with cooking spray.  Mix Parm, corn flakes and ranch dressing mix.  Dip chicken in melted margarine and then dip in corn flake mix.  Coat well. Place on cooling rack.  Bake for 40 minutes or so or until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment