Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week 4: Lasagna Cups

Marcie picked won-ton wrappers for the food challenge and I knew immediately what I wanted to do.  I had seen a recipe for Lasagna cups using won-ton wrappers.  But then I had accidentally thawed some bean dip (or a version of it) and was going to make mini taco cups in won-ton wrappers.  Brian also wanted to use won-ton wrappers so we were going to have won-ton wrappers 3 ways.  Alas, we did not have enough won-ton wrappers and then our oven broke as I was about to put the lasagna cups in to bake.  I did modify the recipe since she just used ricotta cheese-I wanted it to be more like the lasagna that I make.

Lasagna Cups
makes 12 cups

2/3-3/4 lb ground beef
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup (or so) part skim ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tsp dried parsley (or use fresh parsley)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
24 wonton wrappers


Brown ground beef.  Drain and then combine with spaghetti sauce. (Just a note, I did have about 1/2 cup extra meat sauce which I just froze and can use to make these again or use for spaghetti).

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine the ricotta, egg, parsley, Parmesan and mozzarella.  Spray muffin pan with non stick spray.  Lay a won-ton wrapper in each muffin cup.  Add a spoonful of the ricotta mixture.  Then add a spoonful of the sauce mixture.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese.  Lay another won-ton wrapper down in each muffin cup.  Add a spoonful of ricotta and then a spoonful of sauce.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese.

Bake for 10-15 minutes (I did mine for 15 minutes).

*I made my lasagna cups the day before and baked them 24 hours later.  The bottoms of the cups were not crispy at all, in fact they were a little soggy. Perhaps that is how they were supposed to be-I'm not sure if sitting for 24 hours did this or not.  They were still very tasty!  2 cups were very filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment