Thursday, August 9, 2012

Week 5: Lime Chicken

I'm not sure what to call this recipe because while it had lime in it, lime was not the predominant flavor.  I'm not sure what the predominant flavor was though!  It was very tasty anyhow!  The salad in the background also had lime in it.  I can post that recipe on my blog.  I found this recipe for chicken on All Recipes.

Lime Chicken

1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard (or really whatever mustard you have)
4 cloves garlic, finely diced or minced
1 1/2 limes juiced
Zest of one lime
1/3 cup brown sugar (you could probably cut this down a little)
1/2 lemon juiced
freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons oil
Chicken breasts (the above recipe calls for 6 chicken breasts, I used 3 and there was a lot of extra marinade)

Combine all the ingredients, minus the chicken.  Put chicken in a bag and then pour the marinade over the chicken.  Refrigerate all day (about 8 hours-I did mine for 7).  Grill chicken on grill pan or outside.  I also read that you could bake it in the oven with some of the marinade.  If you use the grill pan, make sure that your chicken breasts aren't really thick and make sure to oil the grill pan before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment