Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 8: Becky~Rosemary 2 ways

I found so many recipes for rosemary that I wanted to try.  I really wanted to try a rosemary bread-wither one like Maccaroni Grill or a foccacia.  But I haven't had the chance to make that yet.  Maybe soon!  What I did make was a rosemary garlic rub for a pork tenderloin and rosemary mashed sweet and white potatoes.  I found recipes at allrecipes.  I don't think the rosemary came through but maybe that's just because I had a cold.  Who knows?

Rosemary Garlic Rub

Black pepper
4 tbsp fresh rosemary
8 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup olive oil

Mince garlic and dice the rosemary.  Mix all the ingredients together and rub over a protein.

Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
mix of white and sweet potatoes
6 cloves of garlic
Milk
Butter
2 tbsp fresh rosemary
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Boil potatoes and garlic.  Mash them in the mixer with butter and milk.  Mix in the rosemary and half the parmesan cheese.  Put potatoes in a oven safe dish.  Top with remaining parmesan cheese.  Bake in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Those potatoes sound delicious. Maybe some time I can come over and we can have potatoes for dinner. I miss potatoes!

    ReplyDelete