Sweet Corn Risotto with Wild Rice and Prosciutto
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
3 oz prosciutto, chopped
1/4 large onion, finely chopped
5/8 cup uncooked Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
14 oz chicken broth
2 ears of sweet corn, kernels removed
1 cup cooked wild rice (1/4 cup uncooked wild rice, cooked in 3/4 cup water for about an hour)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
1/4 tsp black pepper
snipped parsley for garnish
freshly shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
1. In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto, cook and stir for 8 minutes, or until nicely browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove the prosciutto from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Add the onion to the drippings in the skillet, cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add Arborio rice to onion in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until rice is slightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add half of the prosciutto, white wine and red pepper.
3. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the skillet, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding chicken broth in 1/2 cup increments, cooking and stirring until all chicken broth has been absorbed (about 20 minutes).
4. Stir in corn, cooked wild rice, 1/4 cup cheese, butter pieces and black pepper. Cook on low for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Cheese should be melted.
5. Top with remaining prosciutto, chopped parsley, and shaved parmesan to serve.